RAW:
Celery and Natural Peanut Butter: This is a great treat for you to eat when you are craving sugars because there is natural sugars in peanut butter, and you do not have to feel guilty after eating it. Also, celery is known as a negative calorie food, meaning that you actually burn more calories eating and digesting the food.
Dark Chocolate Almonds: I know this might seem like a weird thing to place in the section since we are trying to get away from sugars, but moderation is key. You may buy dark chocolate covered almonds, or you may event make them yourself. I recommend making them, since you are in more control of how you make them and they cost less! By eating these, you are getting the sugar fix, but in a healthy way. You are also getting protein from the Almonds.
Eat foods with natural sugars: There are many foods that contain natural sugar, but a lot of them are in fruits. Since your body is craving unnatural sugars, you can still get natural sugar to please that sweet tooth that is calling your name. If I am ever craving sugar foods, I find myself always making a smoothie. I can put many different fruits in the smoothie and it curves the craving away from eating junk food.
Moderation: If you are desperately craving chocolate, find ones that are individually wrapped. I am the type of person who does not like to buy individually wrapped anything because I find it wasteful, but if you are trying to get away from a chocolate craving, buying these can help. The time it takes you to unwrap the chocolate from the wrapper gives your stomach more time to send signals to your brain that you are full. You are also not looking at a whole candy bar telling yourself "well I opened it, I might as well finish it all".
Balance:
Standing Forward Bend: This is a post that anyone can do literally anywhere. All you need to do it place your feet hip width a part, bend at the hips and move your hands towards your feet/floor. This pose if always a great one if you are standing in front of the fridge wondering what to eat next. By doing this pose, it allows you to take deep breaths and slow down your breathing. This pose can bring a great connection between your mind and your body, and you can always ask yourself, do I really need that dessert/sugar?
Child's Pose: This pose has been explained on my blog before. By taking this pose if allows you to have your forehead placed on the earth and really feel connected. Just like the forward bend, it allows you to slow your breathing and calm your mind.
Twisted Dog: This is a variation of downward facing dog that is very beneficial for the body is many ways. To get into this pose, you will need to get into your downward facing dog pose. Make sure you are strengthening through the spine. When you are comfortable in downward facing dog, just twist your hips to the side. It is perfectly fine to move your feet closer together for stability. This pose "Massages the adrenal glands, aiding relaxation; strengthens arms, chest, quads, and core" says wholeliving.com.
Thanks for reading!
Namaste






No comments:
Post a Comment